Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Native American Prayers for the Earth

Click on this link to help create a presentation which illustrates this lovely Native American Prayer..
Google Doc Native American Prayers for the Earth

Native American Prayers for the Earth

By: Education for Justice
Earth, Teach Me

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

Our Finished Result.



3 comments:

  1. Impressive. I have added this to my list of exemplars of great creative Google sharing.

    Allanah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed viewing your Earth prayer. I hope you will share it with the school at shared prayer on Tuesday?
    Mrs J. Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos you used brought this prayer to life. Wouldn't it be great to be able to do this with more of our prayer; especially for shared prayer on Tuesday's?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing a comment. All comments will be sent to me first to check whether it is suitable for posting. Please make them appropriate for viewing.